What To Expect:
Being our first CSA we will still be learning along the way but will run approximately 6-8 months from April or May through the October or November depending on available produce. We base the cost of each share on a projected 24 weeks (~May-October) and may be able to add on additional weeks early or late in the season as produce is available to share members at no additional cost. (See costs per share below)
WHAT DO WE GROW?
The goal crops for our typical CSA/Farm Share Box will include the following items throughout the 2020 season depending on the month:
- Lettuce Mixes
- Snow/Snap Peas
- Cooking Greens, Spinach & Kale
- Carrots, Beets, Radishes, & Turnips
- Spring Onions, Green Onions, and Red & Yellow Onions
- Green Beans
- Garlic Scapes & Dried Garlic,
- Summer Squash and Zucchini
- Heirloom "Slicer" and Cherry Tomatoes
- Herbs (basil, cilantro, fennel, dill, etc.)
- Sweet Corn
- Melons (watermelons, honey dew, cantelope, etc.)
- Sweet and Hot Peppers
- Winter Squashes (Acorn, Butternut, Candy Roaster, Cushaw, etc)
- Pumpkins (eating and decorative).
- We might have strawberries and will likely experiment with unusual heirloom varieties which we will be delighted to share with willing CSA members! Some examples would be: Edamame, Soup Beans, & Small-Batch Unique Heirloom Vegetables.
Possible "CSA Plus" Add-Ons:
- Squash, Kale, & Root Veggie Chips
- Salsas, Hot Sauces, & Sweet Chili Sauces
- Sundried Tomatoes, Stewed Tomatoes & Sauces
- Pickled EVERYTHING! Pickled Carrots, Pickled Squash and Zucchini, Pickled Beets, etc.
- Baked goods, such as carrot and zucchini bread.
Next Page... COST, REFUNDS, & CONTACT --->
Page 1 Intro | Page 2 Details of Shares | Page 3 What to Expect | Page 4 Cost, Refunds, Contact | Page 5 Where & When